- Investing in a diverse faculty and staff
Appalachian State University is committed to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence both locally and globally. Inclusive Excellence is the intrinsic value that a diverse population adds to the learning, teaching and decision-making processes of an institution. This toolkit contains resources to be used in faculty searches to enhance the diversity of applicant pools.
Appalachian's Diversity and Inclusion webstie diversity.appstate.edu has resources, initiatives, policies, relevant news and more about Appalachian's commitment to developing and allocating resources to the fundamental task of creating a diverse campus culture.
The University provides a Tuition Waiver and an Academic Assistance program for eligible University employees.
- Appalachian and the Community Together - The ACT Office provides service experiences as opportunities to connect and engage with others.
- App Allies - an LGBTQ+ ally development and training program built upon the Safe Zone training model.
- Center for Academic Excellence
- The Chancellor's Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP)
- Inclusive Excellence Team
- Office of Relocation and Dual Career Assistance
- Office of Research
- Office of Title IX Compliance
- Scholarship of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Grants
- Staff Shout-out Program
- My Workshops - professional development opportunities