Scholarship for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Grant
Apply for a Fall 2022 Scholarship for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Grant!
As an indication of Appalachian State University's commitment to the necessary broad cultural change that faces us as an institution and nation growing to be a safe and inclusive society, the Office of Research is once again accepting applications for The Scholarship for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (SDEI) grant. The Scholarship for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion grant supports research that will assist in developing a vision and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and in fostering and sustaining diversity throughout Appalachian State University and the community. Applications are due Monday, October 3, 2022 at 12:00 p.m., and awards will be up to $2,500 each. Reviews will be completed by Monday, October 17, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. and applicants will be notified by Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 5 p.m. You can find more information here. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about the current SDEI grant cycle.
App State’s Diversity Statement
"We at Appalachian State University are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence both locally and globally. Inclusive Excellence is the intrinsic value that a diverse population adds to the learning, teaching, and decision-making processes of an institution.
We understand that the successful implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence is the responsibility of the entire university community, including alumni and official university governing bodies. A diverse campus community supports an influx of broad and distinct ideas that increase learning opportunities and strengthen the impact of our community as we work collectively to achieve a just experience for all.
We actively encourage, support, and promote a global mindset and an equitable environment where all will know that they belong and are safe to express their culture, identity, values, ideas, opinions, and creativity. We are committed to creating a culture of equitable opportunities for all, one that has an expectation of fairness, justice, and equity-minded practice at all levels of the university community."
To learn more about diversity, equity and inclusion at App State, visit the Office of Diversity's website at diversity.appstate.edu.
To view Fall 2022 Office of Diversity events, click here.
Inclusive Excellence in CAS
The College of Arts and Sciences is dedicated to recognizing successes, removing barriers and valuing intentional efforts to enhance inclusiveness so that every member of the academic community can participate and excel to the best of their ability.
The College is committed to:
- offering a multi and inter-disciplinary learning environment
- providing access and support for all students
- investing in a diverse faculty and staff
- encouraging a welcoming and accepting exchange of ideas to prepare students to succeed in an increasingly inter-connected and complex world
- Disseminate a weekly DEI message to faculty and staff in the College, and other stakeholders across campus
- Support the Office of Research's Scholarship of Diversity Equity & Inclusion Grant
- Support cross-departmental/disciplinary initiatives, including ADVANCE Appalachian and BRIDGES
- Support department-based initiatives, including CS4ALL (CS) and URGE (GES)
- Support student-centered opportunities for professional growth and development, including CAS Corps, SOAR and SIE-STEM
- Support the AppELS Institute
- Bestow the CAS Inclusion Award on a department, program or subset that introduced new, intentional effort(s) to enhance inclusiveness over the past year