Inclusive Excellence Liaisons
Academic Affairs and the Center for Academic Excellence are committed to Inclusive Excellence and recognize that inclusion and excellence are one and the same. Inclusive Excellence is an academically rigorous process and outcome that promotes critical thinking about knowledge, seeks to understand and address historical and present-day inequities, and creates equitable classroom environments. Inclusive Excellence does not position diversity as simply the presence of difference but instead treats diversity as the intentional inclusion of the cultures, worldviews, gifts, talents, history and traditions of all people and places.
- Center for Academic Excellence - https://cae.appstate.edu/inclusive-excellence
- Appalachian CARES - https://appcares.appstate.edu/resources
- Diversity and Inclusion at Appalachian:
- Office of Research - The Scholarship for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Grant
- IE representatives by Department in the College
- Inclusive Excellence in CAS
The Office of Sustainability has identified a group of faculty sustainability liaisons, representing each college on campus, to promote visibility of curriculum, research and outreach related to sustainability across campus.
Carla Ramsdell from the Department of Physics and Astronomy is the sustainability liaison for the College of Arts and Sciences.
She is also a Food Physicist, Engineer, Environmental Steward and cooking Evangilist. Learn more at https://www.knowwattscooking.com.