Degreeworks for Students


DegreeWorks Site Login

On October 1, 2012, students who entered the university Fall 2009 and later gained access to DegreeWorks through AppalNet. The College of Arts & Sciences will use DegreeWorks as the primary record of the approved Program of Study. DegreeWorks allows both students and advisors to view the student's academic record filtered into the program of study for all majors and minors. Degreeworks provides 24-7 access to:

  • a full description of specific requirements for the student.
  • an easy way to see what requirements are not yet met.

Declaring and Changing Majors and Minors

Majors and minors that require contracts/programs of study or advisor approval of particular courses should be submitted to the College Advising & Support Services Hub (CASSH) as soon as possible during a student’s academic career in order to ensure the DegreeWorks record is complete. Senior checks and graduation certification cannot be done without students' contracts/programs of study.

Students with required minors or who intend to pursue a minor as an elective course of study should submit a Change of Program form to declare their minor so DegreeWorks can reflect those requirements. For more information about how to declare and change a minor please visit our  How to Declare a Minor page

Substitution requests for any coursework should be sent to the department chair who will review for approval and send on to the appropriate CASSH staff member. We will update DegreeWorks as appropriate.



For assistance with information found on your DegreeWorks page, please email or call (828) 262-3076.