How to Add or Change a Major/Minor
The BA degree requires a minor outside the academic discipline of the major. For example: a BA English student must have a minor from outside the English department. The minor can be from a College outside the College of the major or from within the College of major.
Remember that majors, general education and minors must all have the same catalog year, so when you are looking for the requirements of a minor, make sure you are searching the correct corresponding catalog year.
To add a major or additional minor:
Students who have already declared their majors in the College of Arts & Sciences, should use the Change of Program Form to add, change or remove a minor or major from their official records.
Students who have declared majors in other colleges who wish to add a minor from the College of Arts & Sciences should complete the same form for the college of their major and turn it in to the dean's office for that college.
To change a major/minor:
Students who wish to change minors or majors should complete the Change of Program form linked above and turn it in to the appropriate dean’s office.
College of Arts & Sciences Main Office
For advising assistance, contact one of our advisors (based upon student's last name as indicated in bold below):
- A-K Kathy Henson ext. 2689, firstname.lastname@example.org
- L-V Michael Brackett ext. 8630,email@example.com
- W-Z Carla Penders ext. 2707, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vet Tech Hannah Huff ext. 6476, email@example.com
For questions about academic records, contact CASSH staff (based upon student's last name as indicated in bold below):
- A-D Alice Craft ext. 3131, firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-K Natalie Blackwelder ext. 7608, email@example.com
- L-Q Kelsey Pope ext. 3088, firstname.lastname@example.org
- R-Z Kimberly Paniagua Ferreira ext. 3077, email@example.com
Diana Nelson Director, College Advising & Support Services Hub College of Arts & Sciences 100 I. G. Greer, ASU Box 32021 Appalachian State University Boone, N.C. 28608 Phone: 828-262-7465 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.