College of Arts and Sciences Scholarships
- Sally A. Callegari Memorial Scholarship for Gender Diversity in Animal Studies
- Drs. Joanne Smith and Don R. Brannon Scholarship for Natural Sciences
- Richard A. Thomas Memorial Scholarship for Arts and Sciences
- Jonathan K. Perryman Memorial Scholarship for the Sciences
- GlaxoSmithKline Women in Science Scholarships
- The Peggy Harmon Shore Pre-Health Care Professional Endowed Scholarship
There are more than 100 scholarships and 15 award programs available through individual departments within the College of Arts and Sciences.
Junior/Senior Scholarships in Teacher Education
Junior/Senior Scholarships in Teacher Education are offered by the Reich College of Education. To be eligible to apply for the junior/senior scholarships, applicants must be full-time rising juniors or seniors and pursuing a career in education and have at least a 3.00 GPA. For more information, visit: https://rcoe.appstate.edu/students/scholarships.
Teacher Licensure tracks that cross Arts and Sciences
- Biology (9-12)
- Chemistry (9-12)
- English (9-12)
- Earth/Environmental Sciences (9-12)
- French (K-12)
- History/Social Studies (9-12)
- Mathematics (9-12)
- Physics (9-12)
- Spanish (K-12)
University Scholarships has five areas of scholarship opportunities:
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Continuing Students
- Need-Based Scholarships
- Outside Scholarships
For more information, visit: https://scholarships.appstate.edu/scholarships.
Cratis D. Williams Graduate School Scholarships
There are a number of scholarships available through individual graduate programs at Appalachian and also four fellowship opportunities and the North Carolina Tuition Scholarship (NCTS). For more information, visit the Graduate School.
Nationally Competitive Scholarships
Nationally Competitive Scholarships (NCS) awards are externally funded opportunities to pursue language study, Master's study, teaching, research and other creative endeavors. Signature programs include:
- Boren Scholarship
- Boren Fellowship
- Critical Language Scholarship Awards
- Freeman in Asia
- Fulbright Student Grants
- Gates-Cambridge Scholarship
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Goldwater Scholarship
- Humanity in Action Fellowship
- Marshall Scholarship
- Mitchell Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- Udall Undergraduate Foundation
- Thomas R. Pickering
- Schwarzman Scholars
- Yenching Academy Fellowship
For more information, visit: https://ncs.appstate.edu.
Office of International Education and Development Scholarships
Office of International Education and Development (OIED) is responsible for spearheading the internationalization efforts at Appalachian. Through the curriculum, co-curricular and extracurricular activities, relationships with scholars and students from around the world, education abroad programs, grants and scholarships for collaborative research abroad, and numerous cross-cultural programs, Appalachian creates opportunities for students to understand the world and be active participants in it.
For more information about scholarships offered by OIED for study away or study abroad opportunities, visit https://international.appstate.edu/scholarships.