On-Campus Meeting Facilities
Main Campus Map: www.maps.appstate.edu
*Clients must be expecting a minimum of 25 people and represent a recognized organization or have an affiliation to the University in order to reserve facilities on campus.
- (Seating Capacity 1,670)
- (Seating Capacity 452)
- Air-conditioned and provides comfortable seating with a 54' X 24' hardwood stage, stage curtain, basic stage lights and is equipped with a 36' movie screen and movie projection equipment.
- If scheduling a room in I.G. Greer,
- (Seating Capacity 450)
- Air-conditioned and provides comfortable seating with a 54' X 30' hardwood stage, basic lighting, sophisticated sound system to complement a pipe organ and baby grand piano.
- (Seating Capacity 350)
- Air-conditioned and provides comfortable theatre-style seating.
Lecture Halls and Classrooms
There are 16 Lecture Halls located throughout the campus ranging in size from 75 to 175 seats. Standard classrooms ranging in size from 30 to 60 seats are the norm on campus. Lecture Halls and classrooms are equipped with a combination of standard student seating and modern teaching aids.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
- Schedule through departments during the academic year between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Schedule with Business Affairs for events after 5 p.m.
- Schedule through Summer Sessions, contact the Office of Educational Outreach and Summer Programs, 828-262-6523
Other Campus Spaces
The central campus location of the Student Union makes it a prime facility for accommodating meeting needs. The PSU meeting facilities include:
- 3 large ballrooms with banquet seating for more than 200 persons or theatre-style seating for more than 300 persons;
- 9 meeting/conference rooms with theatre-style seating for at least 100;
- Several smaller rooms to seat 20-30 persons, and a solarium that seats 135 banquet style.
The Turchin Center for the Visual Arts offers a unique setting for special events and programs that would be enhanced by an exhibition setting. The center boasts eight galleries featuring an ever-changing array of regional, national and international exhibitions year-round. While spaces are available for rental, the suitability for each space is dependent upon amenities and programming.
Find Instruction and conference rooms, request forms and other building resources.
- Lecture hall (114) - Theater seating for a maximum occupancy of 125.
- James and Louise Broyhill Family Conference Room (421) - Room can seat between 26-50 people depending on setup.
- Reservations & Booking thru the Department of Student Engagement & Leadership
- Located at 231 Plemmons Student Union
Larger on Campus Sites
- (Capacity 9,000)
- Comfortable climate controlled, portable stage with state of the art sound and light system. Main venue for trade shows and performances. For information on booking, visit: https://theholmescenter.appstate.edu/arena-information/book-arena/booking-policies
- Serves as a multipurpose indoor sports facility. The facility has a 24,000-square foot main floor and 15,000 square feet of exhibit space on the second level balcony. Portable sound systems are available.
- (Capacity 26,500)
- The University football stadium has a poly turf surface and has been used as the venue for outdoor summer concerts for 10,000 spectators.
Off Campus Sites
- 1431 Broadstone Rd, Banner Elk, N.C. 28604
- Appalachian State University Recreation’s multi-faceted outdoor education facility operating to serve students, staff, faculty as well as the greater region of Western North Carolina.
- By day, facilities can support and host adventures, meetings, retreats and conferences. By night, facilities can host multi-day functions allowing a comfortable and professional place to return inside, while providing the opportunity to escape into the mountains of North Carolina or relax along the scenic Watauga River.
Other Local Venues
In addition to our on-campus event/meeting facilities, the community offers a wide range of off-campus facilities as well. Explore our off-campus locations below:
- 1050 Highway 105, Boone, N.C. 28607
- Mountaineer Room
- 40x25x9 Dimensions(LxWxH)
- 1,000 Area (sq ft)
- 79-30 capacity depending on setup
- 604 West King Street, Boone, N.C. 28607
- Restricted to only allow 50 people in the house at any given time.
- Online rental form: www.joneshouse.org/rentals
- 747 W. King Street, Boone, N.C. 28607
- Restaurant, Bar and Event Space
- Can accommodate up to 250 people
- 559 W. King Street, Boone, N.C. 28607
- 20,000 square foot performing arts center that houses a 629-seat theatre and 1650 square foot meeting room and lobby equipped with state of the art digital projection, LED lighting and professional sound systems.
- 146 Skiles Way, Banner Elk, N.C. 28604
- The Valle Crucis Conference Center overlooks a peaceful, rural valley in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Visit their website for more information on meeting spaces
- Sleeps 71 maximum