On October 1, 2012, students who entered the university Fall 2009 and later gained access to DegreeWorks (DW) through AppalNet. DegreeWorks allows both students and advisors to view the student's academic record filtered into the program of study for all majors and minors. Degreeworks provides 24-7 access to:

  • a full description of specific requirements for the student.
  • an easy way to see what requirements are not yet met.

As with any student data, faculty should access this information only for legitimate educational reasons, and all information must remain confidential as required by FERPA regulations.

The College of Arts & Sciences will use DegreeWorks as the primary record of the approved Program of Study. Majors and minors that require contracts/programs of study or advisor approval of particular courses should be submitted to the College Advising & Support Services Hub (CASSH) as soon as possible during a student’s academic career in order to ensure the DegreeWorks record is complete. Senior checks and graduation certification cannot be done without students' contracts/programs of study.

Students with required minors or who intend to pursue a minor as an elective course of study should come to CASSH to declare their minor so DegreeWorks can reflect those requirements. More information is provided below.


  • Training Sessions: The Registrar's Office is providing general training for faculty advisors on how to use  DW with students.  CASSH has held familiarization sessions for faculty and now encourages you to attend a training session if you still have questions. Watch your e-mail for announcements or go to the training website.
  • Customized Training Sessions on a specific program for faculty advisors: E-mail Jeni Wyatt to arrange a session.
  • General website including tutorials -- general help for faculty and students at all levels.
  • FAQ for Faculty Advisors
  • FAQ for CAS Students

To submit major and minor contracts or substitutions or waivers, please note that our current practice is NOT changing. Substitutions should be sent to the department chair who will review for approval and send on to the appropriate CAS Academic Sercices Office staff member. We will update DegreeWorks as appropriate.


Students with last name beginning with: Contact PersonPhone
A-DAlice Craft262-3131
E-K Karen McGuire262-7608
L-Q Kayla Thompson265-8630
R-ZDiana Nelson262-3077