Would you like the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) to promote your upcoming event on our website, calendar, and/or social media outlets?
Please submit the Event Promotion Request Form and the CAS Director of Marketing, Communication, and Engagement will be in touch. Note: Typically, at least 3 weeks is needed before an event to promote properly.
Before submitting the Event Promotion Request Form, gather the following in order to best promote your event:
- Title of the Talk or Event
- Date, Starting/Ending Time, Location, etc.
- Biographical Information of Participant(s) or Details about the Film/Book/Content
- If alumni are participating, provide their graduate year and degree.
- High-Resolution Headshot(s) of Participant(s) and/or Photos of Film/Book/Content
- A List of Sponsoring Organizations
- Is this event free? Is this event open to the public? Are only select audiences invited (students, alumni, campus-only)? Please stipulate.
- Will there be registration or RSVPs? Will attendance be recorded? Please provide those details if so.
- Will there be teacher credits offered? Will there be student credit offered? Share details on how this will be documented.
To request for social media posts and shares on the University's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or LinkedIn accounts, submit this form.
Scala Digital Signage
Scala is Appalachian State's enterprise solution for digital signage on campus. There are over 100 screens across campus. Any area can create and share appropriate university-wide messages to campus, even if they don't have their own Scala screen. To learn more, visit digitalsignage.appstate.edu.
To request a book table for your event, to have a book available for purchase coinciding with your event, or for a display in the bookstore related to your event, contact the University Bookstore (828-262-3072).
Additional materials may include:
Find university templates at www.designandprint.appstate.edu. As of Spring 2022, the University no longer offers in-house printing, but proofs from Design and Print can be submitted to local printers like Go Postal. Please request design approval from University Communications Lead Designer Sarah McBryde (email@example.com) before submitting materials for printing.
*For sufficient edits, approval and delivery, requests should be at least 3 weeks before the event.
- Submit the College of Arts & Sciences Event Promotion Request Form to your Communication Liaison, Lauren Andersen (firstname.lastname@example.org), to extend event promotions.
- Contact University Communications (email@example.com). The University Communications Toolbox is a resource for university-approved stock photographs, fonts, colors, titlemarks and more.
- Contact other departments for possible collaboration/partnerships and promotion.
- Contact student organizations, who can co-sponsor events.
To distribute through campus emails, select your audience and visit the appropriate link:
- Appalachian Faculty and Staff: Visit www.announce.appstate.edu for details.
- Parents: Contact Parent and Family Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request possible inclusion in their newsletter.
- Alumni: Contact the Office of Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving at email@example.com. Copy Carey Fissel (firstname.lastname@example.org) when making this request.