Attention May 2019 Graduation Applicants
May graduation means you have COMPLETED all coursework by May 9, 2019. If you will be taking courses in the summer of 2019, you are NOT a May graduate and should apply for August 2019 graduation. If you believe all coursework will be completed by May 9, 2019, you should apply for May graduation during the Fall 2018 semester. The deadline for graduation application for May 2019 is September 24, 2018.
Commencement ceremonies for the College of Arts & Sciences will take place on Saturday, May 11, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. at the Holmes Convocation Center on campus. The processional will begin at 4:45 p.m.
Attention August 2019 Graduation Applicants
August graduation means you have COMPLETED all coursework by August 15, 2019. If you will be taking courses beyond that date, you are NOT an August graduate and should apply for the term in which you will complete your requirements. If you believe all coursework will be completed by August 15, 2019, you should apply for graduation during the Spring 2019 semester.
August graduates walk in the May 2019 commencement ceremony, and all August graduate names will be in the program at May commencement. Commencement ceremonies for the College of Arts & Sciences will take place on Saturday, May 11, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. at the Holmes Convocation Center on campus. The processional will begin at 4:45 p.m.
Attention December 2019 Graduation Applicants
December graduation means you have COMPLETED all coursework by December 13, 2019. If you will be taking courses beyond that date, you are NOT a December graduate and should apply for the term in which you will complete your requirements. If you believe all coursework will be completed by December 13, 2019, you should apply for graduation during the Spring 2019 semester.
Commencement for the College of Arts & Sciences will take place on Saturday, December 14, 2019. Please visit the Registrar's Office website for announcements about specific times for December commencement.
Information about the commencement ceremony is below.
Commencement and Graduation for Students:
- As soon as possible, make arrangements for your cap, gown, and invitations at the University Bookstore. All graduates will wear the same attire. You will NOT be allowed to participate in the ceremony unless you have a cap and gown.
- Honor graduates will be recognized at the ceremony.
- You may invite as many guests as you wish to the ceremony. Accessible seating is provided for guests with physical limitations. If you have a family member or guest who needs seating in this area, please arrive early, and ask the student marshals for assistance. Special parking for the disabled is available. Contact the University's Traffic Office at (828) 262-2878.
- No rehearsal will be held. There is a virtual Commencement Rehearsal video that can be found on the Registrar's Office website.
- Please arrive at least one half hour prior to the ceremony to assemble for the processional into the arena.
- The GPA used to recognize honor graduates at the ceremony is the cumulative GPA at the end of the prior (not the current) semester. When all of your grades have been reported, your cumulative GPA will determine the honor status on your diploma. Graduation with Honors will be noted on your transcript and a gold seal will be affixed to your diploma as follows: summa cum laude 3.85, magna cum laude 3.65, and cum laude 3.45.
- Your diploma will be mailed to you at your permanent address approximately six weeks after graduation. If you do not receive it, contact the Registrar's Office, (828) 262-2050.
- Occasionally, a student participates in the graduation ceremony but does not meet all of the graduation requirements. If this is the case, the student is notified by email and US mail. Upon completion of the requirements by the deadline noted in the email/letter, the student is graduated, and a diploma is mailed to the student. If graduation deficiencies are not cleared within the allotted time frame, the student must reapply to graduate at a later date.
- For more information on time, date and location of ceremony, please visit the Registrar's Office.
- Proofs of commencement photographs will be mailed to the student's permanent address. Information on purchasing copies will be sent along with the proofs. For any questions regarding photographs, please contact GradTrak's customer service department at 800-424-3686 or 001-641-472-6892 if calling from outside the United States. Customer service can also be contacted via e-mail, fax, regular mail, or online at www.gradimages.com.
- GradTrak is offering students a $5 discount on any photo order over $25 when they register their email address prior to graduation. Please click on the button below to register your email address.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
College Advising & Support Services Hub (CASSH)
College of Arts and Sciences
Room 100, I. G. Greer
or e-mail or e-mail email@example.com