"The department of fermentation sciences is a place where students learn how to use microorganisms for preserving food, making alcoholic beverages, cleaning up the environment."
The Bachelor of Science in Fermentation Sciences degree at Appalachian State University, begun in 2012, is building an educated, innovative workforce for these and related burgeoning career fields. An interdisciplinary degree within the College of Arts and Sciences, Chemistry and Fermentation Sciences provides students with a strong background in chemistry and biology with a focus in business, marketing and entrepreneurial principles.
- Chemistry (BA)
- Chemistry (BS) - Biochemistry
- Chemistry (BS) - Certified Chemist
- Chemistry (BS) - Environmental
- Chemistry (BS) - Fermentation Sciences
- Chemistry (BS) - Forensic Science
- Chemistry (BS) - Individually Designed
- Chemistry (BS) - Marketing and Business
- Chemistry (BS) - Secondary Education
- Fermentation Sciences (BS)
- Chemistry (minor)
Our goal is prepare students to be extremely competitive in the fields of:
- Fermentation Sciences
- Wine and Brewing Sciences
- Food science and technology
- Bio-processing / Bio-technology
- Biology (microbiology and plant biology)
- Agriculture Value Addition
- Business development
To learn more about the Fermentation Science program visit: www.fermentation.appstate.edu.